By the grace of God we have been led to repent of our sin and believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. We have confessed our faith and been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
Now, therefore, in the presence of God and by His grace, we joyfully and solemnly enter into a holy covenant with the members of The Reformed Baptist Church of Louisville.
- We pledge to walk together in Christian love through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We will not forsake the assembling of ourselves together, but faithfully attend the church’s meetings for worship, prayer, study, and fellowship, and will use our spiritual gifts for the common good.
- We pledge to faithfully participate in the ordinances of the church, and endeavor after unity of mind in doctrine. We will both submit to the church’s discipline upon ourselves and lovingly assume our responsibility to participate in the discipline of other members, as taught in Scripture.
- We will contribute cheerfully and regularly to this church for its general ministry and expenses, the relief of the poor, the cause of reformation and revival, and the spread of the Gospel throughout all nations.
- We will strive by God’s grace and power to live out a faithful Christian witness in the world; and denying ungodliness and worldly lusts we will seek to fulfill our calling to lead a holy life and to be salt and light.
- We will strive to walk in accordance with God’s Law written on our hearts, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
- We purpose to watch over one another in brotherly love, to remember one another in prayer, to help one another in sickness and distress, and to cultivate Christian compassion and courtesy.
- We will be slow to take offense, always eager to seek the reconciliation Christ commands, and will work to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
- We resolve to practice personal and family worship, and to train our children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
- We promise that if, in the providence of God, we leave this church we will diligently seek to unite with another church where we can continue to carry out the spirit and principles of God’s Word.